If you are typing a url such as "www.yoursite.com" and "http://www.yoursite.com,"
or an email address like "email@example.com,"FrontPage will
usually automatically create a hyperlink out of it. However, you can
also create hyperlinks out of words, phrases or images. (Previous
tutorials covered how to make parts of images into hyperlinks;
this tutorial helps you to make the entire graphic a hyperlink.)
- Select/highlight the word, phrase, or graphic that you wish to
hyperlink. Then go to Insert/Hyperlink or click the "Insert
Hyperlink" button on the toolbar.
- The "Insert Hyperlink" dialog box will appear.
- Click the buttons on the left to link to a web page, a
bookmark, a new page, or an email address.
- Or, browse your current web or the internet to find the page
you want to link to, or simply type in the url or pathname.
- Click "Target Frame" to specify if you want your link to
open up in the same window, a new window, or a specific frame
(if your web uses frames).
- After specifying your link parameters, click "OK." You may
always right-click on your link and select "Hyperlink Properties" to
Next: Paragraphs and Line Breaks (and other shortcuts)